Bring Your Own Piece- Furniture Painting 101 Workshop
At Serendipity House Studio
157 Main Street
Marlborough, New Hampshire
Saturday March 20th 2021 from 9-2
This is a 4-5 hour workshop designed for beginner furniture painters. We will use DIY Paint Products. Cost includes a pint of DIY Paint in your choice of color. All other materials provided.
The plan is to complete your furniture piece to bring home and enjoy, and I promise you will learn a wealth of information for your future furniture endeavors! Plus, we always have snacks and do a lot of laughing 🤣
The workshop will cover the following:
- proper furniture prep to assure your paint job will last
- distressing with sandpaper verses wet distressing
- shading and highlighting with paint and wax or paint and glaze
Please follow these guidelines for what to bring:
- You must be able to carry your furniture piece yourself
- Furniture should be a solid wood (or veneer) piece. Good options might be a side table, end table, nightstand, small desk, etc. (basically, no buffets or humongous dressers!)
- Please submit a picture of your piece to me for approval via email@example.com
- Your piece must arrive clean and in need of no repair due to time constraints
All supplies for this workshop are included. Prep supplies, your choice of paint, topcoat/wax
You will have the option to add a transfer to your furniture at an additional cost at the workshop (time permitting). No need to decide on that now!
No experience is necessary. No refunds. Please email me with any questions.
Purchase of this workshop guarantees your space, as this particular workshop is limited to four participants. We will follow COVID guidelines by social distancing and mask wearing.
Hope to see you there 💕 Michelle